I am a Realtor servicing Colorado Springs and the Front Range. I would love to help you buy a home or sell your current home.
Look around on my blog & then visit my website: Springs LifeStyles Real Estate
Well, Christmas 2014 has come and gone and in just a few days it will be 2015! Wow! Hard to believe. Just in case you have no New Years Eve plans and are looking for something fun to do, here's a few ideas.
Here are some UNIQUE and fun Holiday Ideas to do with your friends and family.
1. Christmas Lights Awards Night. Most of us drive around town and look at Christmas lights. This year, do things a little different. Before you go, make treats and awards. Yes, awards! Such as “Most creative house”, “Best Christmas Lights in Town”, “Most Beautiful Nativity Scene”, “Best Santa.” You get the idea. As a family, come up with the awards, write them on tags and put one tag on each plate of treats. As you drive around looking at lights, secretly/or not secretly deliver your awards. It is so much fun. To make the trip even better, make everyone hot chocolate and take it with you to drink as you go. Put the hot chocolate in the “hot cups” with the lids to avoid spills in the car.
2. Family Picnic Under the Christmas Tree. Grab your picnic basket and pack it full of all your family’s favorite foods and eat dinner under the tree. Lay out a blanket, dim the lights, and chat while you eat. Use paper plates and silverware and don’t forget the treats. You can even make these INDOOR S’MORES to eat, no fire needed. To add to the experience, ask each other fun questions about Christmas’s past. Share a favorite Christmas memory, etc…
3. Holidays Around the World. Read about holiday traditions around the world. Teach your children where their ancestors came from and learn about the traditions there. You could even make a traditional treat from the country. It is very easy to find recipes on line, as well as stories on traditions. You could even call family members and ask them to tell their traditional stories personally!
4. Indoor Snow Making. No matter if you live in cold climate, or warm, everyone loves playing with snow. Time to bring the snow inside for a little family fun. And all you need is a large box of Corn Starch and a can of Shaving Foam. Get a large bowl or container, and mix the two ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined and then play! Make mini snow men, mini igloos, mini anything. Parents and kids will all love this one.
5. Freeze Dance: Christmas Version. Turn on some holiday music and play Freeze Dance! You kids will love it. You control the music. When you turn it on, your kids dance around the room however they want. When you stop the music they have to freeze and stay in the position. Have everyone look around and laugh as they look at the silly faces and positions everyone has found themselves in. It doesn’t matter the age, all kids “feel” music and will move with it. Our kids could play this for hours. You can get active also. Instead of sitting while they play. Get up and dance with them.
What is your favorite thing to do with your families during the holiday season?
I just LOVE homemade sweets, don't you? The holidays have me enjoying baking and hunting for new recipes to try. I came across this GREAT blog post from Amy @ The Idea Room. Can't wait to try out some of these Christmas goodies. Leave a comment and let me know what delicious recipe you tried! I can't wait to try the dark chocolate salted caramels and the microwave caramels. Can you tell I like caramel? And, Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Did you know that brass (an alloy made of copper and zinc) has antimicrobial properties and is believed to suffocate germs, not allowing them to spread? Some hospitals are even outfitting rooms (including hospital beds) in antimicrobial copper. So, if you are upgrading or renovating your home, consider changing out your door knobs to be all brass.